Vice President, Chief Marketing Officer
You will be a trusted member of our global leadership team reporting to the Global Brand President – Timberland. You will lead and inspire a global team of marketing professionals, with oversight for the regional marketing teams, to create one unified, global brand marketing strategy with global and regional execution to drive demand creation and achieve our financial objectives.
How You Will Make a Difference
What you will do:
· Lead the global marketing strategy, marketing asset management, consumer acquisition and engagement activations, and public relations/brand communications with a globally consistent brand approach that incorporates opportunities for local relevancy by region.
· Oversee multi-dimensional demand creation efforts that integrate transactional and experiential, weak-tie and strong-tie, and paid and earned marketing tools.
· Propel the global Go-To-Market (GTM) approach in partnership with Global Product Leadership
· Unify brand and product demand creation, balancing the need for seasonal product marketing that drives sell-through and ongoing efforts to build brand heat and height.
· Build omni-channel marketing strategies and create seamless consumer journeys with DTC and membership at the center of an “always-on” consumer engagement approach.
· Lead cross-functional teams globally and regionally and help drive functional expertise in Communications, Brand Creative, Media, Social, Phygital Retail Marketing and Culture/Influencer Marketing.
· Be responsible for campaign strategy, creative briefs and global asset creation for desired consumer experiences in partnership with regional leadership.
· Own and manage global agency relationships.
· Own the budget management and allocation, Marketing Return on Investment (MROI) effectiveness and efficiency, investment management.
· Build a team of high-performing marketing professionals ensuring talent is maximized by supporting employees’ professional growth and create succession plans to avoid gaps in key positions.
What success looks like:
· You are adaptable with innovation and innovative thinking while continuously learning and driving results
· With your management skills in business acumen, customer focus, driving execution, operational decision-making, and selecting talent, you will build strategic work relations with trust, communication, and commitment while leveraging cultural diversity
· In building and maintaining a successful team, you coach and develop others with empowerment and by facilitating change
- Brand health and equity
- Brand awareness index
- Consumer Loyalty
- Net Promoter Score
- Campaign reach and impact
- Persuasion scores prefer: Branding and persuasion copy testing scores
- New consumer acquisition
- Traffic and sell-through sales revenue
- Like for Like (LFL) Growth
Free to Be, Inclusion and Diversity
As a purpose-led, performance-driven company, we strive to foster a culture of belonging based on respect, connection, openness, and authenticity. We are committed to building and maintaining a workplace that celebrates the diversity of our associates, allowing them to bring their authentic selves to work every day.
Skill for Success
Years of Related Professional Experience: 15+ years or more of progressive experience with five to seven years of managerial experience.
Formal education and subsequent undergraduate/graduate degrees, such as a bachelor’s or master’s degree, preferably in Marketing, or a related field, are nice to have, but we are most interested in your total experience and professional achievements.
· What we expect you already know/have:
- Global acumen
- Authenticity and an executive presence
- Coaching, mentoring, leadership capabilities
- The talent to lead change and innovation
- Proficiency in building diverse and inclusive teams with cultural sensitivity
- A thorough knowledge of quantitative and qualitative consumer research, agency research and public relations
- Demonstrated expertise at creating marketing programs with breakthrough impact and persuasiveness and branding
- A commercial mindset
- Strong brand building skills and strategy
- Established consumer and market focus
- Proven ability to negotiate, influence and collaborate with other key decision makers in a complex matrix environment.
- Strong knowledge of media planning and execution, including social media
· What we will teach you:
– Career ownership, enabling you to build your knowledge and experience across different brands and even other countries
– To thrive in a supportive feedback-based culture where respect and integrity guide us in what we do
– How to grow, both professionally and personally, with tailored training – from a thorough induction to ongoing online and face-to-face training
– Be part of an inclusive environment where people of diverse backgrounds, lifestyles, and nationalities love working together
– To inspire others to step outside and make it better, make a difference by using purposeful actions first and encourage others to join you, believe in collaboration and work to create positive transformations, and initiate and propose bold ideas for innovation, development, and progress.
· VF Guiding Principles: Live with Integrity, Act Courageously, Be Curious, Act with Empathy, and Persevere.
What’s In It for You
We’re in the business of unleashing human potential, driven by the ideas, energy, and commitment of our people. That’s why we offer comprehensive benefits that encourage mental, physical, and financial well-being for all VF associates. When it comes to benefits, we’re the total package. Go to MyVFBenefits and click “Looking to Join VF?” to learn more.
Our Parent Company, VF Corporation
VF is one of the world’s largest apparel, footwear and accessories companies connecting people to the lifestyles, activities, and experiences they cherish through our family of iconic outdoor, active, and workwear brands. At the heart of our journey lies our company-wide purpose: We power movements of sustainable and active lifestyles for the betterment of people and our planet. This is our purpose. It’s the reason we come to work every day. It’s a commitment shared by our global associates across all brands. Our purpose unites us and leads us to pursue our goals together. This is our calling. Learn more at vfc.com.
We just have one question. Are you in?
Interested candidates should contact
Tasha Benson, Senior Manager, Global Executive Recruiting, Timberland